If you love camping, but don’t love the hassle of:
- finding and packing your camping gear
- searching for a place to camp
- hassling with tent setup
Or doing all the above only to realize you left the tent poles at home (not again!)…
…then it’s time to say hello to roof top camping.
Camp Closer to the Stars
A roof top tent mounts easily to the roof rack of ANY car. Simply park, pop it up, and in under a minute, you’re ready to kick back, crack a beer, and enjoy watching your friends fiddle with their ground tent setup. That means more time relaxing with friends and family and less time wrestling with tent poles, sleeping bags, air mattresses, the works.
Get Higher in a Roof Top Tent
Camp Anywhere You Can Park
- You don’t have to find a place to camp, you just have to find a place to park
- Traditional camping spots
- Music festivals
- Private land or driveways
- Anywhere you can sleep in an RV or camper
- Walmart parking lots (not saying you should, but you could)
- Being high up means you’re safe from critters
- Roof top tents provide more protection from the elements like wind, rain, or hail
- Made with high-quality, durable materials for years of service
Quick & Easy Setup
- Pops open in under a minute when you’re ready to sleep
- No covers to take off or awnings to unfold
- Most roof top tent models even allow you to store your bedding, so it’s always ready to go
Sleep off the Ground
- Get a great night’s sleep
- Better views
- Warmer camping
- A cleaner tent
- Better ventilation
- No need to find flat ground that isn’t covered in rocks, roots, pine cones, fire ant mounds (ouch)
- Comfy foam mattress means a cozy, restful night of sleep (whenever you get around to it)
- Like a mobile bedroom with space to sit up, hang out, play cards, you name it
- Stay warm even in the coldest temps with the thick, canvas walls and insulated shell
- Most roof top tent models come with the ability to add extra insulation for mega warmth
The Roofnest Blog
Rooftop Tents: The Perfect Companion for Travel Trailers
Teardrops. Squaredrops. Backcountry boxes. Compact campers. These tiny campers are known by many names, and come in a bunch of […]
Family Camping: How to Camp with Newborns & Toddlers
There are few things that can change your life as dramatically as having a child. While the little ones need […]
Discover the Best Rooftop Tents for the 2024 Toyota Tacoma
What’s the best rooftop tent for a 2024 Toyota Tacoma? The Toyota Tacoma is one of the most legendary nameplates […]
Best Rooftop Tent for a Ford F-150
What’s the best rooftop tent for a Ford F-150? The mighty Ford F-150 is one of the best-selling and most […]
Colorado Camping Spots and Events
Telluride When it comes to enjoying the wonders and splendor that Colorado’s diverse landscape can provide, Telluride is high on […]
I don’t really camp much…is a roof top tent only for serious campers?
Not at all. In fact, a roof top tent is especially great for people who don’t consider themselves avid outdoors enthusiasts. It’s a lot more comfortable and convenient than traditional camping. Think of it like you’re taking everything that’s great about your bedroom at home, sticking it on top of your car, and then getting to spend the night under the stars. But with a real roof…score!
How many people can sleep in a roof top tent?
Depending on the model, you can comfortably sleep anywhere from 1-4 people in a roof top tent.
How long does it take to set up and take down the tent when I want to use it?
Set up or takedown of our roof top tents can be done in under a minute (time us!)
Where can you use a roof top tent?
With a Roofnest, you can sleep anywhere that allows overnight parking! This includes National Parks, National Forests, BLM lands, and even Walmart parking lots.
Can I use a roof top tent with any car?
You bet — a Roofnest is compatible with any car. Roofnests attach to your car’s crossbars like a ski rack or storage box.
How do I get in and out of a roof top tent?
Good question. Every Roofnest comes with a telescoping ladder. They’re durable, lightweight, collapsible, and safe.
What about strong winds or heavy rainfall? Can a roof top tent withstand them?
Absolutely. Our roof top tents are nearly as weatherproof as your car. Many of our customers have reported sleeping comfortably through major wind storms, massive rainfall, and even dust storms.
Discover the Roofnest difference
Discover the advantage of roof top tents from Roofnest.