Roofnest makes the industry’s most rugged and comfortable hard shell RTTs. Just pop open the latches and in under a minute, your tent is ready to go — on any terrain and in any weather.
A Roofnest means spending more time relaxing with friends and family around the campfire, and less time wrestling with tent poles and air mattresses, or worrying about critters on the ground.
Say goodbye to sleeping on cold, bumpy, and uneven ground, and hello to better views, a cleaner tent, and most importantly, an excellent night’s sleep.
Your Ticket to Instant Adventure
- With a ton of headroom and a 3 inches thick, super comfortable foam mattress, a Roofnest turns any vehicle into a cozy bed-on-wheels
- Stay warmer in cold weather with our thick canvas walls and insulated shell
- Many models allow you to add extra insulation for even more warmth
Quick & Easy Setup
- Pops open in under 60 seconds –
- No covers to take off or awnings to unfold
- Many models can store your bedding even when they’re collapsed, so it’s always ready to go
Camp Anywhere You Can Park
- Traditional campsites, music festivals, private land, or driveways — even
- Walmart parking lots (not saying you should, but you could!)
- Anywhere you can sleep in an RV or camper, you can Roofnest
Sleep off the Ground
- Elevated camping keeps dirt and pests out of your tent
- No need to find flat ground for comfortable sleep
- Enjoy better views, warmer camping & improved ventilation with 3 or 4 windows on every tent.
- Being high up means you’re safe from critters
- Hard shell roof top tents provide more protection from the elements
- Made with high-quality, durable materials for decades of use
Camp Better in an RTT
Tent on the ground
- A Roofnest sets up in under one minute.
- Comfy foam mattress means a cozy, restful night of sleep (whenever you get around to it).
- Like a mobile bedroom with space to sit up, hang out, play cards, you name it.
- Stay warm even in the coldest temps with the thick, canvas, walls and insulated shell.
- Most roof top tent models come with the ability to add extra insulation for mega warmth.
- Get a great night’s sleep.
- Better views.
- Warmer camping.
- A cleaner tent.
- Better ventilation.
- No need to find flat ground that isn’t covered in rocks, roots, pine cones, fire ant mounds (ouch).
- Sleeping off the ground keeps you warmer, and built-in foam mattress means more comfortable camping.
5k+ Campers Strong
With Roofnest, you get more than just an elevated camping experience.
You join the ranks of the Roofnest Flock, a community of thousands of campers and adventurers on Facebook who help each other out by sharing tips and tricks about their roof top tents, itineraries, secret camp spots, and more.
Experience the Roofnest Difference
Easy and fast to set up
Made with high quality materials
Free shipping in the continental U.S.
Colorado-owned company: We live in the Rockies. No one knows camping better than we do.
Stay protected with our 2-year limited warranty
Best-in-class customer support
Our Financing program means you can elevate your camping now
Tent WizardAnswer a few simple questions and we’ll tell you which Roofnest works best for you.
Can I use a Roofnest tent with any car?
You bet! A Roofnest is compatible with any car. Roofnest roof top tents attach to your car’s crossbars like a ski rack or storage box.
I’m not a hardcore camper. Would a Roofnest be good for me?
If you’re into being super comfortable and adding significant convenience to your camping experience, then a roof top tent is a smart option. Think of it like taking everything that’s great about your bedroom, sticking it on top of your car, and then getting to snooze the night away — safely and comfortably under the stars.
How many people can sleep in a Roofnest tent?
Depending on the model, you can comfortably sleep anywhere from 2-4 people, and/or some furry friends.
How long does it take to pop up and break down a Roofnest?
Set up or takedown of our roof top tents can be done in under a minute. Go ahead and time us, we’re the fastest roof top tent in the land.
Where can you use a Roofnest?
You can sleep anywhere that allows overnight parking. This includes National Parks, National Forests, BLM lands, Walmart parking lots, and in your in-laws’ driveway.
How do I get in and out of a Roofnest?
Every Roofnest comes with a telescoping ladder. They’re durable, lightweight, collapsible, and safe. Yes, you can get your big pets up there, too!
What about strong winds, rain, sleet, snow and the cold nights of winter?
Roofnests are nearly as weatherproof as your car, and certainly warmer.
Our customers have reported sleeping comfortably through major wind storms, snow storms, dust storms, and even deep freezing temps. We even have added insulation for some models.
Got more questions? Our team of outdoor experts will help you find the right tent for your vehicle and lifestyle.
The Roofnest Blog
Best Rooftop Tent for the Chevy Silverado
What’s the best rooftop tent for a Chevy Silverado? Small trucks can be nice, but for some of us, we […]
Best Rooftop Tent for the Jeep Renegade
What’s the best rooftop tent for a Jeep Renegade? The Jeep Renegade is a compact and sporty little crossover with […]
Best Rooftop Tent for the Ford F-150 Lightning
What’s the best rooftop tent for a Ford F-150 Lightning? With the introduction of the F-150 Lightning, Ford has taken […]
Rooftop Tents: The Perfect Companion for Travel Trailers
Teardrops. Squaredrops. Backcountry boxes. Compact campers. These tiny campers are known by many names, and come in a bunch of […]
Family Camping: How to Camp with Newborns & Toddlers
There are few things that can change your life as dramatically as having a child. While the little ones need […]
Discover the Best Rooftop Tents for the 2024 Toyota Tacoma
What’s the best rooftop tent for a 2024 Toyota Tacoma? The Toyota Tacoma is one of the most legendary nameplates […]